Saturday, April 26, 2008

Going Wireless

Dr. G stopped in today and was very impressed with my eating. He was supposed to buy the nurse lunch that got me off oxygen, I'm not sure who is getting the credit for that. They only got 6ml of stuff out of my lungs in the last 24 hours, so he said I could lose the chest tube. And as you can tell their are no tubes and wires currently attached. After about 15 minutes of pulling the tube and leads and enough tape to wrap a mummy, I am finally free. Now Mom and Dad can move more than 2 feet from my bed.
I was a little upset when they pulled off all the tape, but Mom comforted me quickly. And the most shocking news of the day came when Dr. G. said I will be getting a chest X-ray today and tomorrow and if they are both clear, I will be discharged Sunday or possibly Monday. He said the minimal amount of fluid was clear and I was tolerating the formula very well. Uncle Ken said I have to hurry up and get out of St. Louis because everytime he comes to visit me the Cardinals lose. Well I have to pick Mom and Dad up off the floor now, because they were so shocked by this recent information. Everyone just keep there fingers crossed for my next two chest X-rays and I'll be seeing everyone real soon.

10 comments:

rorochub said...

Woo hoo. That's awesome news. I really hope that you can come home soon.

Have a great day Madox. Take care of mommy and daddy.

Loren Porter

Anonymous said...

That is so great to hear! We are praying for great chest x-rays! He is such a tough little guy, way to go Madox.

If he's already breaking records now, what's he gonna do when he gets older? Can't wait to see!

Love ya and take care,
Lonnie, Charity, and Isabella

Devores said...

That is such great news!! We are so happy you keep taking steps forward, soon enough you'll be home in your own bed, and moving all over the place. You don't over do it these next few days so you can come home I'm sure mommy and daddy can't wait to sleep in thier own bed soon! Good job little man.

Kraig and Jackie

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You are doing so well Madox - keep up the good work. Hopefully you will have good results on your x-rays and be able to go home
Love ya bunches
Kim and Kyle

Anonymous said...

AWESOME NEWS!!! Looks like you are doing great Madox. You are so strong and cute. I'm sure your mom and dad are excited with the news and can't wait to get home.(and maybe get some decent sleep in their own bed) Hope you have a great day and keep chuggin' down those bottles.

The Smalls

Anonymous said...

Wow! What great news!!! Madox just keeps impressing. What an awesome little guy. Best of luck with the x-rays. Hope you get home soon.
Jim and Michelle

Anonymous said...

Amazing how God has worked and given such great progress! The power of prayer is awesome indeed! Blessings to everyone there as you prepare to go home. Continued prayers for Madox and his little buddy that just had surgery Friday. Take care!

Hugs & Smiles!

Prayerfully, Sarah Gennicks

Anonymous said...

Great news Maddox!!! Ware so relieved that you are healing so quickly. We were thinking of coming to see you and your parents on Monday in St. Louis. Sounds like we won't be doing that now. We know you'll need a little time to get adjusted when you get home, so just let us know when you are ready for vistors. Eventhoung we haven't seen you yet, we feel like we already know you you so well.


Lance and Barbie

Anonymous said...

Way to go Madox!!!!!!! That definitely makes this a much better day for us. You see, where we live it is snowing. I have never seen it snow on April 26th, but it is.
Our fingers are crossed. Keep up the good work. You are a great inspiration to your friend Fisher. How is he doing today?
By the time we get to Springfield this summer, this will all be far behind us. You will be home and super strong.
The Gustafson's

Anonymous said...

Hi Madox this is Colton I can't wait to meet you.I hope you can come home tomorrow.It sounds like you are doing great. Let me know when you're all ready to have some company. I've been saying lots of prayers for you and for baby Fisher, too. I hope he gets better soon. Tell your mom and dad hi for me. Love, Colton