Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dad gets his first chance to hold me since Wednesday.

Mom is pulling double duty trying to feed me and pump, the whole process is taking 1 to 1.5 hours to feed pump and clean all the breast pump supplies and we do this every 3 to 4 hours. Not to mentioned she was discharged from hospital care only about 15 hours after giving birth to me. At least Mom has been getting good rest at Aunt Danielle's house in Columbia, Il., but Dad has been staying at the Hospital since we got here. Don't worry he is at least showering every day and Grandma Patridge is keeping him in clean clothes. Today however, is the first day he got to hold me since Wednesday in Springfield and start helping out with some of the feeding.
Another day of rest before my big day tomorrow, the doctors and nurses say this is a good day for mom and dad to snuggle me and probably big sis.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurt, Jen and kids...
Welcome sweet Madox! You are as adorable as your big sister and big brother. We have been keeping you all in our prayers and will even more so on Monday morning. Hope to see you all home soon.

Take care,
Norm & Bobbi Wiseman

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys...
I can't wait to meet Madox, SO CUTE. I'll be on my way down in a couple of hours. Just want you to know that everyone I've talked to in Peoria has all of you in their prayers. There's a whole lot of love being sent your way. I'll seen you soon. Love you so much.

Lisa (and Eric,Carter&Karly!)

Anonymous said...

To the Ratcliffs from the S Padgetts-------love to all and to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey there little guy! Just wanted to let you know how much you are loved. We are praying and thinking of you! Good luck tomorrow! We can't wait to see you! Brenna says, "me love you!".

Love, Aunt Lori, Uncle Matt, Cousin Brenna, and Cousin Gavin

Anonymous said...

Welcome Madox!!

He is adorable!!! And Jen you're looking great....as usual!! I can't wait to meet him!!

Good luck tomorrow....you guys are in our thoughts and prayers!!

We miss you Jen!! Hang in there and take care of yourself. And if you need anything, please let me know.

Love,
Kelli, Matt, and Kayli

Anonymous said...

Hello Kurt and Jen,

This is Craig Herzog, Fisher's dad. I'd love to contact you guys sometime. Send me an email....herzogwc@yahoo.com.......I'm glad to see that Madox is doing well!