Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to the CICU

I've gone back to my room, and I am still quite sedated. My blood pressure is a little low, but they have started me on a Dopamine drip and have given some extra blood. Mom and Dad were finally able to come and see me. I have minimal bleeding which is the first good sign, next they will want my blood pressure to normalize. I currently have good oxygen on the ventilator and as I wake up they will decrease my ventilator a little at a time. Sorry for the long wait, but Dad took a cat nap after seeing me. I think we are all exhausted. Again I thank everyone for their prayers. I will keep posting as the time permits, and I hope to hear from everybody.

P.S. I especially want to thank Jen, Casey, and Jacob Finley for occupying my big brother today and to Lori, Scott, and Maggie (and Nick) Sorenson for keeping Cydne this evening. Mom and Dad know they are in good hands.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurt & Jen,

I was thrilled to hear that Madox was out of surgery and was doing well. What a precious little gift and handsome too. Jen you look amazing!!!!! You all will remain in our daily thoughts and prayers.

Kathy "Densmore" Coleman

Anonymous said...

Kurt and Jen,

We've been thinking about you all day and praying for all of you! We are very excited that Madox is out of surgery and doing well! Hang in there....

Love, Dan, Jodi, Morgan & Mason

Anonymous said...

Madox,

Great to see you are doing well and glad Mom and Dad were able to get some rest. Keep us posted as you continue to recover. Our prayers are still with you.

Lance, Barbie, Karley & Lauren

Anonymous said...

Kurt & Jen,

We're so excited that Madox is doing well! He is so adorable! We are praying for you and for a speedy recovery for Madox. Jen, I wish I could be there to give you a hug! I've been thinking about you all day since Jen B. called me this morning. If there is anything that you need, please don't hesitate to call!

Bruce, Tamra, Lauren, Connor, Kara

Anonymous said...

Dear Kurt,Jen,and Madox,
My name is Claudia Dinardo. My mom (katy dinardo) told me about Madox and his blog. He is very cute!! I hope he is doing well and am keeping him in my prayers!

Love,
Claudia♥

Anonymous said...

We had a great evening as always with Cyd and Kaden. We rode bikes, watched Bill feed the catfish across the street, packed down our grass a bit more and hit the DQ on our way to Grandma and Grandpa Ratliffs.

Hang in there and we will see you tomorrow. We are praying for a strong night.

Jen & Casey