Saturday, April 26, 2008

All Systems Go

Dad and I got to spend some alone time together, at the step down unit parents are allowed to do pretty much anything they would do at home. They get to feed me, burp me, give me medicine, change my diaper, help put leads on to my monitors, and change my bandages. Mom has been doing this all day while Dad rested, but tonight Mom rest and Dad gets his turn. He finally got to hold me for about an hour as we watched the Cardinals lose. Today I kicked out my last IV line, so they changed my Ancef IV to Keflex orally. I had been fussy quite a bit tonight and Dad found out why as he burped me I threw up all over with some pink color. The Keflex upset my stomach. As Dad cleaned me up, he called the nurse in for backup. Dad was changing my bandages, as I did a #2 in my diaper and the nurse had to lend a helping hand because I was making messes quicker than Dad could clean up. Hopefully, Dad and I will be awake in another 2 hours as they have me on a pretty strick time table for feedings. I think I can almost mark feeding off my list, just need to get chest tube out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Madox! That's great news this morning, it sounds like you're going to be coming home very soon! We're up early to get Dalton to a double header in Canton. (By the way, we saw that Cardinal game, too, last night...) We hope Fisher is getting better, too. We'll check in on you soon. You're all our heroes!
Love ya, Uncle Jimmy, Penny, Colton, Bryan and Dalton

Anonymous said...

Madox Alan,
We're all up EARLY except for Papa to go fishing. We are going fishing with our new poles and tackle boxes. Cydne is going to a scuba diving birthday party today. Did you have a thunderstorm last night? We did! Kaden went to check on Papa, he's sure he's up. Give Mom and Dad a kiss for us. Mom, I made a 100% on my Spelling test. Come home, Madox!!!!!!!

We love you,
Sissy and Bubby

P.S. Take care of baby Fisher

Anonymous said...

Well, little guy, you keep amazing us with your strength! I am so proud of all that you have accomplished in your life already! Imagine what you will accomplish through your whole life. Uncle Matt and I will be down in a short while, and we can't wait to see that adorable face of yours! Also, keep giving your dad heck. He deserves it and more for all he did to me when we were younger! I love you! Hugs and Kisses!!!!

Love, Aunt Lori, Uncle Matt, Brenna and Gavin

Anonymous said...

from kp and Pat....good morning Madox, it sounds like you are making amazing progress....Sarah and kp are babysitting John Curtis today......Adam and Andrew have a soccer game in Hoopeston which is north of Danville, IL.....love, hugs, and kisses to all......

rorochub said...

Hey Madox. You seem to be doing so well. That's awesome buddy. I can't wait to meet you. Tell mom and dad that the Porters say hi. We're praying for you and have several other families in Christ praying for you as well. Stay strong little buddy.

And just so you know, I think Izzy is washed up. I think they need to move Wainright to the closers role and trade Izzy. Cards should have won that game last night.

Have a great day little buddy.

Love,
The Porters
Loren
April
Bailey
Levi

Anonymous said...

Sweet Baby Madox,

What terrific news! You are such a strong and amazing young man. Keep up the good work and you will be home with your family in no time.

Tell Mom and Dad that they deserve the "Parents of the Year" award. We so admire them!!!!!

We have been praying for your buddy, Fisher, and hope that he is doing as well as you are.

Have a good day everybody and know that you have lots of prayers and support coming your way.

Jack and Donna